We would like to welcome all students to this academic year. To students who are looking forward to joining our music community we are pleased to have you here and we are looking forward to giving you the best music education.
Music-Inn continues to respond to the latest government guidance to safeguard our community and the wider public. This means important changes to our operations. Please read this information carefully.
We would like to share the steps M.I.S will be taking as we continue with classes for all students and share what you need to know to help you prepare. Resuming/starting classes is vital for your education, and therefore we will ensure that all students can be in school and do so as safely as possible. Off course we have put in place measures such as physical distancing, proper respiratory etiquette, and the use of masks when feasible.
The school will be making variations to the start and end of day routines until further notice. If your child is enrolled with us, we ask that only one parent drops/picks up the student to reduce congestion. Adult students are advised to come individually. Please ensure that classes are attended on time to avoid unnecessary mixing and to ensure lessons start promptly and with no interruptions.
From 5th April, practical face-to-face teaching will resume. Programmes, modules and components that can reasonably continue online will be delivered online until further notice. We are taking all relevant measures to maintain hygiene, and are working carefully to ensure that our building is used in a way that can enable social distancing.
We will be recommencing performance work, but without a public audience at this time. Until it is safe to re-open our performance spaces publicly, we will be offering recording and live stream opportunities. We are working hard to ensure student life continues to be as rich and active as ever.
Those entering music-inn must adhere to the following procedures to ensure your safety, and the safety of others:
- Do not forget your access card. You will not be able to enter school unless you have your access card with you.
- Check your temperature as you enter any building for the first time each day.
- Wear a mask when moving around any building and when required.
- Practise social distancing of 2m at all times, and respect the one-way systems in place at M.I.S.
- Regularly wash or sanitise your hands.
If you have any COVID -19 symptoms, do NOT come to school. Please stay at home and immediately notify the right persons.
When teaching in person, our timetable has been restructured to prioritise student and staff safety alongside effective delivery of the programmes. It allows for the time required for:
- Hygiene measures in classrooms and practice rooms
- It assists with the flow of the number of students in all our buildings at any one time.
- Learning is blended, with programmes delivered through a combination of virtual and in person modes.
- In person class sizes are smaller.